As far as mankind is concerned, the 21 st century has been pretty good. We’ve made countless
advancements in both technological and medical spectrums. With the help of ever-growing
technology, humans found solutions to many diseases and ailments.
But, there’s a catch here! Despite all the progress, current generations are still leading
unhealthy lives. The reason is simply the modern lifestyle, which involves bad eating habits.
This phenomenon has caused everyone to look out for healthy food habits, better diets, and an
overall wholesome lifestyle. In this quest, you may have faced several snake oil salesmen that
promise you the best diet that cures all your issues.
Well, you have to be wary of them. In spite of all these challenges, you can still find a healthy
diet that helps you have good health and lifestyle. Recently, there has been a huge buzz around
the Apple Cider Vinegar diet. Still, not many people know what it is and how it could help.
So, if you’re among such people, this brief guide will help you find out pretty much everything
important about it. Without further ado, let’s explore this diet.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV) diet?
Alright, it’s time to get into the nuts and bolts of the ACV diet. Humans have been consuming apple cider vinegar for thousands of years. As you may already know, we tend to ignore anything good that has been practiced by our ancestors. We’re a stupid lot, aren’t we?!Thanks to the internet, the importance of the ACV diet has been resurrected by the revelations of modern celebrities such as Hillary Duff, Victoria Beckham, and many others. Coming back to your question, ACV is basically nothing but crushed apple cider that is fermented by adding yeast.
Here are a couple of steps involved in the production of ACV.
- Cut a few apples and crush them good. Then add yeast to turn the sugars to alcohol.
- The second step is to combine bacteria into this mixture. This results in the transformation of alcohol into acetic acid.
Acetic acid is the key component of ACV. Although the apple cider vinegar contains only 5-6% of acetic acid, it is the most important ingredient. Along with acetic acid, ACV also consists of water and other acids like malic acid.
BTW, it’s not really good for you to consume ACV directly. Instead, you should add it to your
food or beverages.
The benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar diet:
Okay, enough about the technicalities of ACV. Now, let’s get into what you’re looking for. The
benefits of the ACV diet.
Many users and researchers alike have found ACV to be effective in curing or dumbing down
many health issues. Here are the most prominent health benefits you could get from the ACV diet:
- One of the most significant benefits of the ACV diet is that it helps in fat loss. Scientists conducted a research on rats, where the inclusion of the ACV diet has worked wonders.
- ACV diet also assists in lowering your blood sugar levels. Acetic acid can enhance the ability of your muscles and liver to undertake more blood sugar.
- Apart from blood sugar levels, the ACV diet can also help you regulate your insulin levels. Acetic acid decreases the insulin-glucagon ratio, which in turn helps in fat loss.
- By consuming apple cider vinegar diet, you can improve your metabolism rate. The acetic acid in the ACV increases the AMPK enzyme levels. This enzyme is directly linked to fat burning.
- Tired of belly fat making you less attractive?! Then, you might have to try the ACV diet. It has been proved that the ACV can help you in cutting down the fat storage.
- The acetic acid in the ACV diet helps you decrease your appetite through a central homeostatic mechanism. Moreover, apple cider vinegar also promotes fullness, which in turn cuts down your excess calorie intake.
- For women who’re suffering from Polycystic Ovary Syndrome(PCOS), apple cider vinegar can be of great help. A study has shown that as much as 57% ovulation is resume after taking the ACV for about 90-110 days.
- Apple Cider Vinegar also has the ability to improve good cholesterol(HDL) and suppress bad cholesterol(LDL) levels.
Apart from these benefits, many people reported that they have better digestion, balanced PH levels, improved immune system, and several others after taking ACV.
Oh btw, make sure that you consume apple cider vinegar along with your meals. Don’t take it as a standalone food item. It is highly acidic and can damage your tooth enamel if taken directly.
So, many studies have shown that apple cider vinegar diet helps in several different ways. Whether you’re struggling to lose weight or simply looking for better health, try the ACV diet. But, don’t forget that it’s not a holy grail. You still have to maintain a proper diet, avoid junk food, and try to exercise regularly.