It’s a beautiful night outside. The stars are bright in the clear, crisp night sky. The moon is full and bright, and will be for a few more days. You can almost feel summer approaching. You’re probably already thinking about the perfect summer barbecue, a lazy weekend with the family, and all the beautiful food you’ll be able to make with your summertime crop of vegetables and fruits. There’s nothing like the smell of fire and fresh barbecue, and the sounds of happy family and friends around your table, singing and carousing, drinking good wine and enjoying great conversation.
Low Carb Keto Pizza Casserole
Gooey, tasty cheese pizza is always on my radar! This keto pizza pan is handy when you want to make an easy and delicious dinner for the whole family. I like to keep the garnish simple: Cheese, pepperoni and olives, but you can use anything you like!
Your new favorite keto dinner
How can you not love a combination of Italian sausage, tender cauliflower and cheese and pepperoni? It was a rhetorical question, of course. The best thing about this pan, as with most pans, is that you can go wild with the toppings! Your children can join in and dinner becomes a family moment. Matt and I like to cook together in the kitchen, listen to music and feed Julius (our dog) little snacks. It improves the taste of the food and our relationship!
We love stew recipes!
Casserole recipes are great for meal prep, easy to prepare and quick to make on a busy weeknight! You can also clean up the kitchen with a pan by baking everything in a pan, sprinkling with cheese and cooking until the cheese is melted. Some of our favorite stew recipes are breakfast recipes. Eggs are hearty, delicious and easy to combine with whatever toppings you have on hand! If, like us, you love eggs, try a broccoli, cheese and sausage dish or a cauliflower cheese dish. If you prefer something more complex in terms of flavor, try our enchilada casserole!
Benefits for the pizza pan
You made no mistake, the pizza ultimately makes all the difference! If I could have one meal for the rest of my life, it would be this low-carb pizza casserole. So, let’s see what makes this pizza casserole so good for you:
- Pepperoni – high quality pepperoni, such as. B. Applegate Farms’ pork and bacon products are rich in protein and fat. Protein spares muscle and is also the most efficient macronutrient, requiring more energy to burn than carbohydrates and fats (1). This is due to the fact that proteins have a higher thermality and make the digestion work more intensively. Aka more calories burned without effort!
- Cheese – Parmesan cheese and mozzarella are high in sodium, which is an important electrolyte for people on a keto diet. Cheese is also a rich source of calcium, which is good for your bones.
- Sausage – the heart of this recipe, sausage adds both texture and fat, which is very important on a keto diet. Fats make you feel full and provide fuel for the day.
- Carbs – This keto/low carb pizza casserole has only 7 net carbs per serving, and only 7 net carbs per 1/6 serving.
So, if there was no steak, I’d say pizza is the perfect meal. Try this keto pizza casserole with your family tonight and let us know what you think!
PRINT FREE : List of foods for Keto
Join 150,000 others and receive a FREE keto nutrition list and new recipes every week!
Is marinara sauce ketone?
There is much debate about whether marinara sauce can be consumed on the keto diet. In this keto recipe, we use only 1 cup of marinara sauce for 6 servings. That’s about 1.75-2 carbs per serving if you use our favorite Rao’s sauce. This sauce has a bright tomato, garlic and herb flavor and is perfect for keto recipes.
The best keto toppings
Don’t worry, we’re not weird – pizza toppings are a must! Low-carb pizza casserole is best enjoyed with YOUR favorite toppings. Some of our favorites:
- Pepperoni – the classic crispy pepperoni with cheese filling!
- Sausage. You might feel a little Italian. Try slices of freshly cooked Italian sausage or slices of gently cooked Italian sausage.
- Prosciutto For the more classic pizza lover, this topping is ideal. Cut the prosciutto into thin slices and place them on the pizza. Put it under the grill for a minute to crisp it up a bit, and voila!
- Ground beef – Believe it or not, but ground beef is a great topping for pizza, especially PIZZA TACO! Add the minced meat, cheese, olives and tomatoes. After you remove it from the oven, drizzle it with fresh cream and lettuce. Plain ground beef has never tasted so good!
- Shredded mozzarella is another classic ingredient you need for the perfect low-carb pizza crust.
- Mexican three cheese blend – believe it or not, it’s also great for pizza. That is, if you make a ground beef and taco pizza!
- Olive oil – a single drop of a good quality oil gives a nice sweet and peppery taste. Try adding salt and fresh pepper for extra flavor, too!
- Vegetables – An easy way to eat vegetables is to thinly slice olives and mushrooms and put them on a low-carb pizza.
Low-carbohydrate pizza dish cooking
Making keto recipes at the highest level is not only fun, but delicious! If you want to try a gourmet keto pizza with minimal prep time, check out these quick recipe changes:
- Cheese – Replace standard mozzarella with aged manchego or a mixture of parmesan and mozzarella. Aged cheeses have a wonderful umami taste that is unlike ordinary cheeses. Another option is to make fresh cheese bags. To do this, cut the cream cheese into small pieces. Place small pieces of cream cheese on top of the casserole before cooking. When you remove it, you’re left with sticky, creamy pockets.
- Meat – most meats are suitable for the keto diet, and I think some of the best fancy meats are very thinly sliced capocollo or prosciutto. It’s a saltier meat that gets nice and crispy under the grill in this pizza casserole recipe.
- Filling : Try topping your keto casserole with fresh basil, arugula, feta or pesto, a high-fat herb sauce. All of these toppings are gluten-free, so you don’t have to worry about wheat allergies.
How to make a keto pizza
If you’ve decided to make some new recipes, like this super easy keto friendly pizza, and want to know how to make it, read on! Since the total cooking time is only 30 minutes, you’ll be making this recipe many times over.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour 2 inches of water into a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Set the steamer
- Basket and add the cauliflower florets. Cover and steam for 5 to 6 minutes or until
- The cauliflower is soft, but still a little firm.
- Meanwhile, place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and loosen with a wooden spoon. Once partially cooked, add the onions and mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- For the sauce, put the pasta sauce in the same pan. Add 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir well (if using the sausage without seasoning).
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and stir. Remove from heat and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Place pepperoni (or desired topping) on top of cheese.
- Bake the pie uncovered for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and serve.
If you’ve already made this dish for dinner today, you’ll be a pro next time!
You stole my pizza and my heart!
Pizza is just too good and yet you can’t imagine a keto diet without pizza? Try other keto pizza recipes that you can customize with your favorite toppings and make low-carb.
- Chicken Crust Pizza – We made these pizzas last night and I’m so glad I decided to make them. The carb-free pizza dough is topped with my favorite marinara sauce, pepperoni and mushrooms. This is a keto/low carb recipe for the books!
- The pepperoni pizza frittata is a delicious and original version of breakfast. Spice up a boring scrambled egg with this interesting twist on an Italian classic.
- The best keto pizza – think classic Chicago pizza. I’ll wait. I know, so sticky and cheesy and filled to the brim with sauce.
More Italian recipes, please!
There are other pizza recipes on our blog, but traditional Italian recipes include.
- Keto lasagna – layers of meat, cheese and sauce with the secret ingredient: zucchini! This lasagna is easy to prepare in advance and can be kept for a whole week.
- Easy Keto Chicken Caprese – This simple, fresh dish is easy to prepare and quick to cook! The fresh basil and mozzarella bring this dish to life. Another gluten free keto recipe with minimal ingredients.
Save and freeze keto pizza casserole
The great thing about all one-pot meals, low-carb or not, is that they freeze very well. I recommend making a large quantity of this pizza casserole recipe and saving it for the week. Trust me, you’ll want leftovers. ….
The steps for storing food in the refrigerator are simple. First, remove the leftover from the pan and put it in an airtight container. Place the container in the refrigerator and it will keep for up to a week.
There are two ways to freeze this keto pizza casserole recipe.
- Divide this recipe into portions and freeze in individual zip-lock bags. Remove from the freezer the day before and let thaw in the refrigerator.
- Freeze the whole pot! I’ve made it before for a quick and easy keto dinner. Simply prepare the original casserole in a metal baking dish or even a regular casserole. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, wrap the metal container in aluminum foil several times and place in the freezer.
Preheat a frozen pizza pan by placing it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40-50 minutes. To prepare individual servings, heat them on a plate in the microwave at 30 second intervals. Or in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Your family will love you for this quick and delicious dinner!
The recipe can be quickly added to MyFitnessPal – Search – Keto Pizza Casserole.
Nutritional information below
Keto pizza pan
A heart-shaped cauliflower dish and your favorite pizza topping.
servings 6 servings
Calories per serving 413 kcal
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pour 15 cm (6 inches) of water into a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Put the cauliflower in the steamer and add the cauliflower florets. Cover and steam for 5-6 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender but still slightly firm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and loosen with a wooden spoon. Once partially cooked, add the onions and mushrooms and sauté until golden brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for another 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the pasta sauce to the pan. Add 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and stir well (if using the sausage without seasoning).
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and stir. Remove from heat and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Layer the pepperoni (or desired topping) evenly over the cheese.
- Bake uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining Italian seasoning and serve.
**If you are using sausage seasoning, you can omit the extra seasoning.
Net carbs: 7 g
serving size: 1/6 of a pan
Quetorian Pizza Casserole
Quantity per serving
Calories from fat 288
of the daily costs*.
Fat 32 g49%.
Protein 23 g46%.
* Daily percentages are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Of course: Main course
Keywords: Pizza pan
Shh! Did you do it? Tag us on Instagram! We’d love to see what you did! Tag us on Instagram at @keto.connect or leave a comment and review below.
low carb casserolesketo supreme pizza casserolelow carb pizza recipelow carb pizza casserole pinterestketo pizza casserole with ricottaketo chicken pizza casserole,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,Great Low Carb Bread Company…,ThinSlim Foods Love The Taste…,Chompies Pizza Crust,Kbosh Cauliflower Keto Crusts,Outer Aisle jalapeno Pizza Crusts,See more,low carb casseroles,keto pizza casserole with cauliflower rice,keto supreme pizza casserole,low carb pizza casserole pinterest,keto pizza casserole zucchini,keto pizza casserole with italian sausage,pizza casserole with crust,keto vegetarian pizza casserole